Getting The Words To Flow Again - prudence onaah

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

05/09/2019

Getting The Words To Flow Again





We all experience it. Well, of course, if you are a writer. You have to be in this special category of the nerd community to experience this. Once while I sat with a client's book for days (yes, I help people do the writing), I realized I couldn't put anything down the page. I couldn't coordinate my thinking and focus them on the topic. All I could see in my mind was the blank page and the words that formed the centerpiece of the work. While writing Unwholesome Past, I have often felt stuck about where next to take the story. It's called the writer's block.

The good thing about it is that it doesn't last forever. As daunting as writers' block can be, (and it can be a major stumbling block if you are a freelance writer with tight deadlines), it eventually ends. Giving the work some space often helps. If you are going through this right now and not moving towards your writing goals, I am holding the forte for you. But you don't want to stay in there forever.


Here are a few things you can do.


These tips helped me overcome mine with that book I talked about earlier and with the tens and tens of blocks I get now and again.


Forget About Writing
Yeah, it sounds counter-intuitive, but you can only try so hard. Maybe your brain is really tired and needs some rest. So stop thinking about writing or becoming a great writer or anything writing-related.


Give The Work Some Space
Hey, stop that. Shut down the computer. Close the book and keep it far, far away. You don't need it now. Sorry, but it doesn't need you too. You need to stay away from whatever you are writing and freshen up for a while.


Distract Yourself
Well, freshen up means partake in non-writing related activities. Look out for those things you really love. (By the way, I found an event offering an activity I have been longing to do for a long time! CANOEING. Yeah, you heard that right. I will be canoeing at the end of the month!) So, that's a tip. Discover the activities you love, and participate. I know you love writing, but you don't need it now. You need something that can blow the stress away. Go to the movies, go for an event, go on a tour, take a walk, play a game, visit waterfalls, visit a friend. The list is endless.


Read About The Topic
This is particularly helpful if your writing is nonfiction. But if you are writing fiction, you can still read a story that is similar to what you are writing. Jot down points and view this as research.


Refresh Your Outline
Now that you feel renewed, your outline needs to feel that way too. Check out the story or book progression and see whether you want to tweak it a little. Giving the book a new perspective might be the motivation you need to write.




Start Writing
Now, start writing. Open your computer or your book and begin to put down the words as they come. You can read the previous page to tune up your memory. When you get a grasp of where you are in the book, it's TIME to begin. Sometimes, I even say a prayer. LOL. Block can be that scary.

Forget about how your writing looks at this point and just pour out all your words. You will get enough time to fine-tune them later.

AND here I am after the block. I have hundreds of books that have escaped the block and traveled the road to my clients' arms. These books that would have been blocked are doing a great job telling their story whether that story's personal or belongs to a brand.

These tips can help you overcome block with ease. Do you have any other methods you use, please share those with me. I would love to hear them.

Meanwhile, you can connect with us at Prudent Pens to help you with any of these services.

Self Publishing/Ghostwriting/Editing/Courses

All you have to do is mail us at pruddiewrites@gmail.com.
Call or WhatsApp 08161318242
IG: prudenceonaah
Facebook: Prudent Pens.

We have amazing offers coming up soon. Watch Out! You may find some freebies.

#prudentpens #qualityreads #amreadingnwriting

No comments:

Post a Comment